Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!  To be quite honest, I don't even have a drop of Irish blood in me... But I'm Irish in spirit on St. Pat's Day! 


To have some fun on this occasion, I made this rainbow decal! It took a loooong time to make it!! Look at the amount of polish it took to make this rainbow color!



For this look, I first painted my nails with OPI That's Hula-rious! (minty soft green) and Quo by Orly Green Meadow (bright jelly green). I stamped the clover design from Bundle Monster plate BM-723, using Chelsea Bridge Road (gold) as stamping polish. For the decal, I used the part of the design under the bicycle on Bundle Monster plate BM-704. I am still loving the Bundle Monster Secret Garden plate set! You can read my review here on these buffet-style plates! For the tutorial of decal making, check out this previous post! I don't think I need to list the names of the polish I used for the rainbow. I basically opened my polish drawer and picked up each color as I see fit! You can use any color you like for the decal and you don't even have to worry too much about how thick and pigmented they are. Just have fun with it!


For my right hand, I kept it simple and just used the clover stamp. Not just because it would be too labor intensive to make another decal, but more because I felt one decal accent was the way to go without looking like too much going on!


In the end, I'm not sure if the clover design and the rainbow decal would match the overall feel. But since I put such an effort on the decal, I'm sticking with it. And you know what? It started to grow on me!

Do you celebrate St. Pat's Day? Have fun everyone!

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment