Saturday, November 1, 2014

Jolie Clean Up Brush and Stamping Tool Reviews!

I have been using Jolie clean up brushes for the last few weeks! 


Before Jolie Brush, I was using Elf concealer brush for cuticle clean up and even though they worked decent, it started to bother me because they didn't  last long. Sometimes, after just a single use, the pure acetone melted the Elf brush!

See the half melted and deformed Elf brushes on left compared to Jolie brushes on right. 

I researched for alternatives and found out about Jolie brushes! These brushes withstand the pure acetone! 

Initially, I bought 2 blue brushes, which are quite a bit larger than the size I was used to.

See the size compared to my pointer nail?

And then, I found out there were smaller brushes available! So I got a few of those smaller pink spiral brushes and also xl stamper and the stamper head refills!


These brushes I purchased have dotting tools on the other ends. You can also get ones with cuticle pusher on the other ends as well if you prefer. There are various color and size brushes available!

Size comparison between pink spiral brush and blue brush. 

To be honest, I was a little skeptical about the larger blue brush because I have pretty small nails. But it was fairly easy to use this big brush thanks to the tapered tip. From the side, you can see how skinny it is at the tip and it makes a huge difference. 

Side view. Very thin at the tip!

I have been using both blue and pink brushes alternatively depends on how much clean up is needed. If you have lot to clean, blue one does the job quickly with only a few swipes. If you only need a fine detailed cleaning around cuticle area, pink one would give you very precise control. Both are great tools!


And! And!! The stamper heads!!! These replacement heads work so well!! The white head that came with the xl stamper was pretty good after priming it. (Priming means you go over lightly and carefully with fine files so that the stamper picks up the images better.) But the head refills worked great without any priming! It picked up images so well and the squishness is just perfect. (They are a little softer and squishier than the original white head.) I am using the pink one for a few weeks now and it replaced my MoYou London stamper, which was a little finicky!

I bought pink and plum color replacement stamper heads

You can purchase Jolie Polish products from here (US) and here (international). If you live outside of US, I suggest checking out the US site first to see what is available. The US site shows a lot more products than the international (Etsy) site. And if you don't see the items you want in the Etsy site, you can contact the owner, Bory, by email or through Contact Shop Owner on Etsy. She can actually make you a package specially for you so that you can place a customized order.  

Her products sell out very quickly but she restocks often, so keep checking!

Have you tried Jolie clean up brushes yet?

Love,

Little Dot



No comments:

Post a Comment