Saturday, November 22, 2014

Monochromatic

Now we are in the cold winter weather, my choice of nail polish colors are changing. Good bye to the bright colourful summery shades and welcome to darker deeper muted winterly tones. Just like many of my clothing pieces, I'm getting into a mood for monochromatic shades. Yes, my winter clothing consists of black and a whole lot of grey... I should buy some colourful items to add a little pop of color though...


I loved this shimmery dark grey color of Essie Cashmere Bathrobe last winter. And I still loooove it this season. It is not as dark as the picture shows. It is definitely grey (not black!) and therefore, it gives a little softer look to the overall manicure. It is hard to capture in pictures but it has shimmery silver specs in it and it is very lovely in real life. 



For this look, I first painted my nails with Essie Cashmere Bathrobe (dark grey) and Essie Urban Jungle (creamy white). I stamped the flower and the writing designs from MoYou London Pro collection 04, using Konad Black Pearl stamping polish. 


I really love this look. It looks like someone drew the flowers and scribbled something on my nails! 


                        Day 5 and still loving it!

Do you want to know how much I love this look? It's day 5 of this manicure now and even though I have slight chips (and filed down some length), I don't want to take it off!!!



By the way, I have been using Essie Urban Jungle for a while and I love it as an alternative to OPI My Vampire Is Buff. It gives pretty good coverage with 2 coats for me and it is slightly more pinkish than My Vampire Is Buff. Very lovely on itsown but perfect as background for nail art. 



What is your favourite color to wear in colder season? 

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment