Saturday, October 17, 2015

Essie Silk Watercolor Mini Set Review!

I picked up this Essie Silk Watercolor mini set at Ulta the other day. 


There was also another set with three different colors (plus the same white base) and I have decided to get just this one. After trying these out, I really wish that I have gotten the other one as well. I'm kicking myself for not getting the other. I'm pretty sure the other one is gone by now because there were only one each at the store. And I've been looking around in other places but I can never find it...

UPDATE* After I wrote up this post, I did go back to Ulta and to my surprise!!!, they still had the other set!!!!! I couldn't believe it! REALLY! What minuscule chance do you think you have to be able to get this last set by going back for it over a week later!!! More story on my next post!


My set consists of 3 colors, Highest Bidder, Point of Blue, Pen & Inky, as well as white base color, White Page. There is an instruction on the back of the box for this look and I did my nails just as the instruction says except I painted a couple of nails with Essie Salt Water Happy. 


I really like the consistency of these. They are not too sticky and apply very easily. I can't wait to use these colors for leadlight stamping!


I loved using OPI Sheer Tints but they started to get thick and stringy. I'm pretty sure I can just add polish thinner to bring back the better consistency though. Meanwhile, these watercolor polishes are perfect as they are. 


Have you tried these yet? Which color did you get?

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment