Saturday, June 18, 2016

OPI Color Paints Mini Set Review!

I saw OPI Color Paints mini set at local store for $9.99, so I bought it! This collection came out last year around the same time as Essie Silk Watercolor collection. They were both similar so I didn't get the OPI one but I can't pass a good bargain!


After some planning, I have decided to go with a free-hand design!


For this look, I first painted my nails with OPI Silver Canvas Undercoat. I used OPI Primarily Yellow, OPI Chromatic Orange, and OPI Turquoise Aesthetic, to randomly add brush stokes here and there. 


This set consists of the following colors; Silver Canvas Undercoat, Primarily Yellow, Chromatic Orange, Pen & Pink, Purple Perspective, and Turquoise Aesthetic. You suppose to first use Silver Canvas Undercoat as the base color and top with your color of choice. 


The box says "Blendable Nail Lacquer", but I didn't find them to blend that well. On my nails, there are some spots that colors overlap but those parts only look darker rather than making them blended color (such as yellow + blue = green effect). I think I still like Essie Silk Watercolor better. I did the reviews for Essie one here and here if you want to compare. And I also used it in the design here. But overall you can probably use both sets interchangeably. 


Do you own OPI Color Paints or Essie Silk Warercolor? What kind of designs have you used them for?

Love,

Little Dot





1 comment:

  1. These are so pretty! Looks very artsy and summery :)

    ReplyDelete