Saturday, April 5, 2014

Cherry Blossoms

I was very sick for a week... I don't know if it was a cold or flu but I can't quite shake it off yet. Still slowly recovering...

I was so sick that I had the same mani (the Spring time one here!) for like 10 days or so. They actually wore very well!! Now I'm recovering, I finally felt like changing my polish.


Here I have cherry blossoms! My parents just came back from Japan last night. And when I was talking to my mom a few days ago when she was still in Japan, she was saying that they had a lot colder climate this winter and she was wondering if she would see cherry blossoms before she leaves there or not because the flower buds seemed very hard and not ready. But she told me just in a day or two, they all flowered and my parents got to see them in full bloom! When I heard that story, I was so moved by the strength and wonder of nature. And that's my inspiration of my nails this week!


For this look, first I painted my nails with OPI I'm Feeling Sashy. I used cherry blossom design from Konad image plate  m66 to stamp, using Konad Black Pearl stamping polish. I then used a dotting tool to put little white dots on the centers of flowers. 


This Konad image plate m66 has a lot of nice oriental themed designs. The cherry blossom design is quite large and it is not meant to fit the entire design on one nail but to use the parts of design as you like. I would say it was the pioneer of the all over design plates that are so popular these days. 


See how large the cherry blossom and the bamboo designs are?


When I put white dots, I wasn't sure if I messed up or not. But I kind of like it. I think it makes it look cartoonish in a fun way!

Be well!

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment