Sunday, April 27, 2014

Orchid

My thumbs must be getting greener! I successfully got my orchid plants to flower this year again! I like orchids and bought a few plants here and there over the years. But I couldn't get them to flower for years until I found out the secret last winter. The big secret for making them flower? The significant daytime and evening temperature change!!! Since I found out about it, I had one plant to flower last year and this year, I have 3 plants with flowering stems!! Yay!


And here are the nails inspired by my orchid flowers!


I first painted my nails with Essie Boxer Shorts (periwinkle) and Ceramic Glaze Pinapple Breeze (yellow). I used the orchid flower image from MoYou London plate Pro collection 07 (regular) to stamp with Konad white stamping polish. Then using a dotting tool, I placed little dots of yellow and pink in the center of flowers to resemble my orchid flowers. 


I really like this periwinkle color in Spring. It reminds me of some of my other favorite flowers like violets and forget-me-nots! In the pictures, it looks more blue but in real life, it is more lavender shade. Such a beautiful color!


What are your favorite flowers? Do you like floral designs on your nails?

Little Dot


No comments:

Post a Comment