Saturday, December 13, 2014

Christmas Nails 1

'Tis the season and I will be posting a few Christmas nails for the next few posts!


I entered a contest hosted by Marta at ChitChat Nails recently. You are allowed only one entry per person. I tried a few different looks and decided on one. Therefore, I have a few designs to show you in the coming weeks, so stay tuned! 


For this look, I first painted my nails with OPI I Carol About You (purple). I then stamped a full nail design from MoYou London Pro Collection 04, using Essie Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low (light gold glitter) as stamping polish. I was aiming for somewhat baroque feel. It reminds me of a very rich textured dress that might be worn at Christmas party... I also wanted to stamp a Christmas ornament design from Pueen 28... However, no matter how many times I tried, the thin ribbon at the top of ornament didn't transfer. I ended up making a decal of it with a hand drawn bow at the top and applied it to my thumb. If you like to learn how to make a decal, check my previous post here


This look is not the one I entered for the contest. But I still enjoyed wearing this look for a few days. 


I purchased a few nail polish sets recently and I should review them sometime soon. OPI I Carol About You is from Gwen Stefani Mini Holiday Stars and this set comes with very rich color palette suitable for holidays! Essie Jiggle Hi, Jiggle Low is from Essie Winter 2014 collection and this is an amazing glitter, bordering between gold and silver. Added plus is it is not hard to remove for a glitter polish!



What are your Christmas nails look like? 

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment