Saturday, December 6, 2014

Trip Around The World - Britain - Keep Calm and Carry On!

I bought MoYou London Rebel collection 05 and waited for a long time for it to arrive here. Somehow, it took 3 weeks! (I usually get them really fast like 5 days or something...)


This plate has tons of "Keep Calm and ..." images and I really wanted it! While waiting my goodies (yes... plurals... I ordered a couple of other plates as well ;) ) to arrive, I bought Essie Fall 2014 mini set, which includes red polish called Dress To Kilt.  What a perfect name of polish to use for my British inspired look!


For this look, I first painted my nails with Essie Dress To Kilt. I stamped "Keep Calm And Carry On" image from MoYou London Rebel collection 05 with Konad white stamping polish. I also used MoYou London Hipster collection 06 to double stamp a couple of plaid designs. I stamped a skinny lined plaid design with Essie Style Cartel ( dark blue polish also from Essie Fall 2014 collection) and stamped over a thicker plaid design with Nails Inc. Chelsea Bridge Road (gold). 


I wanted to use red polish for the traditional "Keep Calm" look. In the picture, the red looks brighter but it is actually darker and richer in real life. I am amazed how well the double stamping plaid designs worked. Any image involves straight lines are tricky to stamp. It is hard to align and to stamp straight... I used a squishy stamper and pressed my nails straight down instead of rolling because rolling could be a hit or miss with lines! I also chose the two plaid designs carefully so that not all lines go in the same area. 


I really like this look a lot! I would probably try to recreate this look with different colors and different slogans. 


I can see myself using "Keep Calm and Meow" and "Keep Calm and Paint Your Nails"! My beloved daughter might like "Keep Calm and Squirrel!" because she likes squirrels. 

Did you get this plate? What do you think of the double stamped plaid designs?

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment