Saturday, February 28, 2015

Waiting for Spring! - Messy Mansion Lead Light Lacquer Plates Review!

Winter here is too long! I can't wait for Spring!! 


I wanted to use Messy Mansion Lead Light Lacquer plates I bought recently and the colors and design I chose turn out to be a nice pastel Spring look!



For this look, I first painted my nails with OPI My Vampire Is Buff (creamy white) and Essie Warm & Toasty Turtleneck (lavender). I stamped floral design from Messy Mansion Lead Light Lacquer plate A03, using Essie Cashmere Bathrobe as stamping polish. I used OPI Sheer tints to add various colors to the design. 



Here is the plate I used. I also bought plate A01, which I haven't yet tested. Messy Mansion plates are always good qualities from my personal experience. Lines are etched very well and easy to transfer designs. The only complaint to this particular plate is the design on the left. I didn't realize this until I actually got the plate but if you look carefully, the design repeats. So about 1/3 of the design at the top is the exact same one from the bottom 1/3 of the plate. I rather have completely new design in that spot if you understand what I mean... 



If you are not familiar with lead lighting technique, there is an excellent video tutorial by Messy Mansion. In a few short words, you stamp a design and color in with sheer polish. You don't need special plates for this technique. The tip is to use either light color base or stamp solid design with light color so that the sheer polish will show on light color surface. You can check some examples from my previous posts here and here



I tend to use OPI Sheer Tints as sheer polish to color in. They work perfectly. But if you don't have these tinted top coats, you should be able to use any sheer polish you may already have. 



Do you like the Lead Light Technique? Have you tried it yet?

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment