Saturday, July 30, 2016

Double Stamping Patterns!

To tell you the truth, I struggled with the inspiration for today's mani for a while. I started to look through the stamping plates last night but not quite inspired with any of them... And I looked through my polish pile, looking for some sparks of inspiration but no avail...

This morning I just decided to pick a color and just go with whatever comes up in my head. My pick was Essie Petal Pushers. 


Well, in the end, I'm actually loving this design! 


For this look, I first painted my nails with Essie Petal Pushers (medium grey). I used Bundle Monster plate BM-S110 and stampted all of my nails, using China Glaze History of the World (smoky navy) as stamping polish. For accent nails, I stamped a few henna designs from MoYou London Explorer plate 03, using Konad White stamping polish. 


The double stamping really makes the designs stand out. I intentionally picked the first stamping color similar to back ground color to create the subtle layer of stamped surface. And I decided to add high contrast color, white, to accent a few nails. I am quite satisfied with the result!


I haven't done double stamping for a while but now I like the look so much, I should be using this method often!

Do you like the layered look of this design?

Love,

Little Dot




No comments:

Post a Comment