Saturday, August 2, 2014

French Provence Inspired!

I went to a local lavender festival recently. I love lavender and I use it for cooking as well as enjoy the fragrance. I make lavender shortbread cookies and lavender macarons when I feel like it and I use Herb de Provence for many of my cooking! When I visited French Provence years ago, I bought a lot of sachets of lavender and Herb de Provence. I always associate Provence with the colors yellow and blue!


One of the sachets I bought in Provence years ago...


It's on my country kitchen cupboard!


For this look, I first painted my nails with Sally Hansen Teeny Bikini (pastel yellow) and Essie Boxer Shorts (periwinkle). I used Kiko polish 337 as stamping polish and stamped a design from Pueen Plate 56. 


I always have trouble capturing the true color of periwinkle in my photos. It looks so different in pictures but in real life, it is more lavender blue color. The color of English lavender flowers. 


Macarons I made last summer. Macha green tea, Lavender, and strawberry macarons!

Do you like lavender? Have you tried using it in cooking?

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment