Saturday, October 18, 2014

Forest Friends!

I was in a mood for some fun nails this week! 


I wanted to use this Messy Mansion plate MM19 for some time. I got it a few months ago in summer but it felt like fall season design at that time. Now is the great time to have fun with it!!




My favorite design from this plate is the birch tree! I happen to have a big birch tree in my backyard. It is a very pretty tree in any season! I also wanted to use the cute little forest friends, the fox and the hedgehog. I noticed the fox design is fine-lined and to show the orange color, I ended up making decals. I will do a tutorial on decal making on my next post. So, stay tuned! 


For this look, first I made the fox decals (directions to follow on my next post!). While the decals are drying, I painted my nails with Essie Urban Jungle (off white cream) and Essie Sew Psyched (sage green). I stamped the birch tree design from Messy Mansion plate MM19 with Konad White stamping polish. I used leaf design from the same plate to stamp colorful leaves by mixing Essie Sew Psyched, Essie Roarrrrange, and Ceramic Glaze Pinapple Breeze. I stamped a hedgehog with Mundo de Unas stamping polish. When the decals are dry, I placed them on nails. Then I topped with HK Girl Top Coat. 


It is a lot more elaborate and labour intensive look but I had a lot of fun creating it!


I hope you enjoyed the forest friends!

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment