Saturday, November 28, 2015

Hand-Painted Stamping!

I did the hand-painted stamping before in this post. This is my second time using this technique and I love it!


This time, I wanted to match my scarf! This technique is great when you want to create hand-painted look but you are too scared to directly paint on nails. Also, you get good results on both hands (we all know how difficult it is to paint with non-dominant hand!!) 


The method is quite simple. You use a small brush or a dotting tool to paint design on a stamper head. And you stamp it on your nail. I explained this in a bit more detail here, so check it out. 


For this look, I first painted my nails with China Glaze Sleeping Under The Stars (navy). I painted the floral design on a stamper head using OPI It's A Piazza Cake (burnt orange), Essie Shearling Darling (oxblood), Essie The More The Merrier (light green), and Essie Vested Interest (dark green). I used a small nail art brush for painting. After the design is painted and a little dry, I stamped it onto my nail. 


Design like this is difficult to do with regular stamping, I think. I don't own any plate that looks like hand-painted floral (maybe a bit but not really...) and also it would be quite hard to add a few colors on plate without mixing colors. So this method is perfect!!

Have you tried this technique?

Love,

Little Dot




No comments:

Post a Comment