Wednesday, March 19, 2014

The Best of Both Worlds... Base Coat Review

My nails are usually healthy but during the long cold winter, my nails tend to peel at the tips.  :(  I tried OPI Nail Envy before but I didn't really see any improvement and I am always on search for products to try. I have been trying this combination for the last several months and it seems to work pretty good for me...


Essie Protein base coat is one of the products that I was interested in trying. But I never saw them in my local stores until one day I found it at Winners for pretty good price! I tried it for a few times as a base coat under my polish but I found that my manicure didn't last long. They started chipping pretty quickly. :( I was using Orly Bonder base coat for a while and I really liked the fact my polish stays on with it for a long time, close to a week. So, I tried using both! First put on Protein base coat and put Bonder on top. Then, two coats of polish and Seche Vite top coat. Well, this works!!! With Bonder alone, sometime your nails get stains from polish. But Protein base coat is pretty good in keeping the stains away and gives nutrient to your nails. With Protein base coat alone, your polish doesn't stay long. But Bonder keeps it on for almost a week! There you go! Perfect team work!!! 


Let me introduce you to the rest of my team! I also have been religiously applying CND Solar Oil for the last few months. And I use Zoya Remove + for polish removal. Thanks to these products, my nails are looking pretty good!

Do you have any nail care products you recommend? Did your nails survive the winter?

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment