Saturday, May 31, 2014

Green Thumb - Garden Nails

Today's post is inspired by my beloved son! Just the other day, we were talking about gardening and how my gardening skill has improved (remember this post?) I was jokingly showing my thumbs, which were orange at the time then, and said to him, "see how green they are?" And he said, "why don't you paint them green and stamp some vines or something..." Hey! It's a great idea!!


So that's how I got the inspiration for this look! 


First, I painted my nails with Essie Navigate Her (green) and OPI My Vampire Is Buff (creamy white). For stamping, I used MoYou London Mother Nature 05 for most of my nails and MoYou London Pro 09 for the humming bird design. I used Konad white and Essie Vested Interest as stamping polish and used Essie Size Matters to add little red flowers. I am also trying H K Girl top coat to see how this compares to my regular top coat, Seche Vite. I will keep you posted on the result.


I don't usually stamp on all of my nails... But I thought it would be alright in this case because the colors are muted tones and designs are not too busy. 


I hope we get to do some gardening this weekend! Are your thumbs green?

Love,

Little Dot

No comments:

Post a Comment