Wednesday, February 26, 2014

MoYou London Review

I just received my first purchase from MoYou London and here is a quick (but lengthy) review!


To give an honest review, there was a bit of confusion regards to the order and shipping. Initially I ordered Mother Nature collection 02 and 06 as well as their Xl stamper. I got email confirmation right away and another email 3 days later with shipping number. So far so good... But! 2 days later, I received another email to say they were not able to ship my order because plate MN 02 is now out of stock!! They asked me if I want to replace it with something else or get a refund. At that time, I still could see this plate available on their web site and my account showed "complete" with all items showing as shipped. So, I emailed them to clarify this and I was told this plate is in fact out of stock... I ended up replacing it with Mother Nature plate 05. Well, from the time I ordered items, it took them 5 days to tell me that one of the items is out of stock??

But they made it up with pretty fast shipping after the hiccup. It took only 7 days from the time of the replacement order for my items to cross the ocean from London, UK and arrive at my door!


They also sent me two packages of rhinestones, which I didn't order. I don't know if they send these with every order or they are meant to be a little "sorry we messed up" gifts, but either way, I think it is a nice touch :) 

These are the two plates I got. 

Mother Nature Collection 05

Mother Nature Collection 06

They have a lot of collections such as Asian inspired Suki collection, Artist collection, Pro collection, etc. So many different plates to choose from. You can check out what other plates are available here.


For this look, I used OPI My Vampire is Buff (creamy white) and OPI I'm Feeling Sashy (mauve pink) to paint my nails. For stamping, I used MoYou London MN 05 and Konad Black Pearl stamping polish. 


I ordered these plates because I wanted to try out the big all over image plates. Unlike regular nail design plates where you see individual square designs on plates, these ones have big pictures etched on the entire plates. You can use any sections of the whole plate to stamp your nails. Interesting concept. 


These plates are deeply etched, so it is very easy to pick up the designs. The negative side of that is difficulty in cleaning. Usually I just swipe with acetone soaked cotton pads to clean the plate but this plate was very hard to clean... I think it is because it's deeply etched and also has a lot of fine lines. My cotton pads were like shredded pieces after my attempt to clean! And it's not completely cleaned yet! I feel like I want to give the plate acetone bath. :(

I only used MN 05 plate so far and it might be just this plate that has an issue... We will see... I guess I need more time to play around with these plates. 

I love the stamper though! Actually I was looking forward to get this stamper the most. I have been using my Konad double-sided stamper for all this time but sometimes the stamper does not reach the entire nails because my nails have curves and it is hard to hit all area with hard-surfaced stamper. I wanted to get a squishy stamper so bad, which you can just sink your nails into instead of rolling the stamper across. I was reading many reviews of squishy stampers and even though I didn't have a clear idea which company makes the best ones, I've decided to give this one from MoYou London a try. I wasn't sure when I got it first though because it was not as soft and squishy like the ones I read in other people's blogs, etc. It is kind of between hard Konad one and really squishy one. 

MoYo London stamper on the left and Konad one on the right. 

It actually works great! I read that a lot of people had problems with really squishy stampers because the stamper's head part falls out while stamping and also if you are not careful with the pressure, you easily distort the images. MoYou London stamper is hard enough that it doesn't distort the images nor fall out, but it is still soft enough that you can sink your nails into. You can roll across your nails too like regular stamper and because it is softer, it will reach all the difficult spots of your nails. Just for your information, I would clean this stamper by sticking it on a lint roller (the sticky paper roll thingy.) Acetone might damage the surface of this stamper. Or at least, that's what majority of people are advising about squishy stampers. 

On their web site, I see they have other grey (or light blue?) xl stamper and rectangular stamper, which I would be interested in trying in the future. Or if you have any experiences with those, please let me know how you like them. 

Have you tried MoYou London products? Can you guess which part of the design I used for my nails?

Love,

Little Dot








No comments:

Post a Comment